Monday, June 28, 2010

Sat. June 27th, 2010- Elbow tweeker and ripping w/ Ben and Gus








Sat. June 26th, 2010. Riding bikes again in WL. Gus and I ripped a morning lap on Fox Mt. before hooking up w/ the 13 yr old up and comer, Ben. We went and rallied Snakes and Ladders into Dead Sailor proper off the radio tower (nice xc pedal to get there). I tweeked my deraileur on a skinny and had to do some trail side tweeking. The DH was loose and a bit sketchy. I took one tumble and bumped my shoulder into a tree. Ben and Gus went down once apiece as well. Then we went to Fox and rode Gus's trail AgentSkully. We were having sessions on the various moves in the beginning- the step up, then the gap through the trees which I didn't think was possible. I ended up blowing the berm the first go, then sticking it second go. We got some cool pics!! Then we moved on to the 2 DJ's. Ben was casing the second one pretty good but was still given'r pretty good for being only 13!! Then the downturn of the day occurred. I followed Gus off the 3-pack that leads into a stepdown hip into a gully. I got kicked a little weird on the last set-up jump and sent the step down HUGE. I realized in the air that I was screwed. I got kicked a little weird and landed tipping over to my L side. I let out a huge HUUUUUUUUUUUUH when I landed. I luckily landed on the bike, which slowed me down a bit, but I landed awkwardly on my L elbow, then I smacked my head HARD. I was sooooooooo lucky that there wasn't a rock, root, stump, or any other hard object where my head smacked because I was at the full mercy of the wreck. I rolled over onto all fours once I realized I wasn't knocked out, and shook out the cobwebs. Ben stood on the jump and asked if I was alright. I got up and dusted myself off (I landed in a pile of duff). My head was ringing a bit, but my elbow seemed to turn into the main problem. I took my time shaking it off, then turned into photographer for a bit as Ben and Gus worked the gap into the massive, natural gap (35'). Ben was the only one who went for it. He knuckled it hard twice (I was kind of shocked the first time, and didn't even get a pick since I was standing there slack jawed w/ my camera in my hands), and barely road away. He did the classic both feet off pedals, ass on seat out of control exit move. I pulled it together after getting photos of Gus hitting the pit gap at the end, and hit it myself a couple of times. We ended up hanging out at the house that evening- Megan was busy making granola and energy bars, I made some baked tofu. I did some good MFR/body work on Gus for a good hour and a half. He is all gnarly from tree planting. Off to the good bed again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment