Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rest day finally, then onto the bike?!!






Finally took a rest day on Friday.  My knee was very unhappy about getting slammed straight onto a rock without any save attempt.  It was one of the most painful knee schwaps I've ever taken.....and that's something to say seeing as I got 6 stitches across it in December.  I worked on Warren's knee ironically- he's slated for meniscus surgery in a couple weeks.  He let me borrow a car while Lily's finishing up the WFR course in Santa Cruz.  Word is that the van is back in operation after having the distributor ($500) replaced and a flat tire fixed.  I got invited to go to UT and CO w/ Kevin, Charlie, Rob, and Bozak but am going to hold off and hopefully take a E. Side trip to the Sierra's w/ the birthday girl (Lily's 27 on Tues).  Daron and Lindsey just took off for a week long trip to Bishop, Mammoth, Bridgeport, etc.  With climbing, big tours, and hot springs w/ camping abound it sounds like the economy special.  After 4 months without work I have to take money into account a little more these days!!  I got some really nice shots of Donner Lake; it really is an amazing place to live.  I have to soak it in seeing as the end is starting to approach the horizon (1 month).  Yesterday (Sat. the 28th) I rode XC w/ Nate Dawg down in the Reno area.  We rode up to the snow line on some buffy buff singletrack.  It was pretty busy being a Saturday, not to mention we were riding the loop backwards since he thought the older more beat down trail would be better to descend....and he was right!!  The DH was fast and flowy.....but also loose in sections.  Every time I tried to catch a little air there would  be a funky rock in the landing or a tight corner.  I still had a blast.....especially since Daron just freshened up the ol' Enduro- new XTR front der, Easton EA50 bar, Truvativ stem (shorter w/ more rise), and all new housing and cables.  It looked brand new.  Too bad it's only worth a G and I have around 3g's into it.  Probably a keeper!!  I ate the rare fast food and my belly suffered for a while!!  I had to go to the health food store and stock up after that!!  There were some good BB games on (march madness), and we watched it between Dawg's house and Blue Coyote where we ran into Daron and Lindsey.  I ended up renting some movies and vegging at the house after that.  Today I've tried to get packed for a big backcountry adventure which is imminent and get ahold of Lily who's supposed to be back today (?).  Mich State is leading Louisville at the half and I'm sipping a latte writing this blog.  Time to upload some pics......... Descriptions:  1,2,4,5- Donner Lake- I live in the middle of the panoramic pic (2nd one down).  Pic 3- my leg modeling career is clearly over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment