Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rest day......tomorrow!!
























As I was going to bed last night Daron came home w/ Greg Long so I knew I wasn't going to get any rest today.  We went to the Bowl...no shocker there.  Daron had grabbed a split board for Greg and he was stoked to get a crack at riding one.  Except it was really windy and still rather cold out when we got there after a luxurious morning of sipping strong coffee and eating a huge scramble and banana/blueberry pancakes.  We rode some groomers off Disney- Marketstreet and some East face of Lincoln.  Then we went for a trial Patrol Run to see if the snow had softened.  It had and we dropped in, except Greg didn't see where we went and went back in bounds so as not to get lost.  Daron and I waited for a bit on the side of the slope poking around calling his name.  As we were hiking out I had the most unfortunate experience of schwapping my knee REALLY freakin hard on a rock.  I took a step and sunk unexpectedly up to my groin very quick and forcefully while my R knee bent and slammed straight on into a very pointy rock.  I almost got sick it hurt so bad.  WAY worse than when I got the 6 stitches not to long ago.  It hurt a 9 3/4 out of 10 for a solid 60-90 sec.  It felt like eternity.  I gingerly make my way to my feet and test it out.  It's throbbing but I can tell my body has kicked in the pain relievers.  I take 800mg of Ibuprofen to combat the inflammation.  We finished the hike and rallied down to meet up with Greg.  Instead of calling it a day I do a FULL PR lap w/ Daron and Greg.  But it was worth it.  We got good snow and Daron and I took a totally different line riders R of the usual run. It looked really good and it was.  There was a good cliff band that we had to negotiate, but it worked out fine.  Good exciting aesthetic line.  We skinned back up to Cornice bowl/W Palisades.  Greg entertained us with first time skinning antics which involved trying to RUN down a small slope like he was still on snowshoes.  He ended up doing a home plate slide right in front of me.  His hands collapsed and were under his chest when he landed.  I laughed myself silly.  He was a good sport and did a great job as a rookie slit boarder.  We rocked out of the bowl and checked out some march madness at the Blue Coyote.  I got to meed Daniel, Greg's son who I hadn't seen since the day he took off the training wheels on his bike.  We watched Pitt, Villanova, UConn and Missouri win exciting games.  I'm taking a rest day tomorrow, no questions asked.  My knee scrape/gouge needs some TLC and so does the rest of my poor aching body!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment