Sunday, March 1, 2009

Welcome!!






Hello family and friends!!  I've taken the plunge and decided to start blogging my adventures.  I've  been blessed enough to spend the past three months snowboarding in and around Truckee, CA.  I'm living on Donner Lake (literally), approximately 8 minutes to Sugarbowl Ski Area and Donner Summit.  Even so, I've spent a lot more time than I imagined in the backcountry of the Sierra Nevada mountain range.  So far I've reached the summit of multiple 9-10k ft peaks and boarded back down them!!  These include Dick's Peak, Jeanine's Peak, Maggie's Peak, Backside of Jack's Peak, Bliss Peak, Pyramid Peak, Mt Judah, Donner Peak, etc.  It doesn't hurt that I'm living with Daron Huck, alpine touring devotee.  Lily and myself have been drug around countless times at various early morning hours by our roomie.  So it goes......
And so the winter storms have piled up again, with up to 8 FEET of new snow expected this week.  I've rested up as the rain has been falling here at 5800'.  I should have some good stories to pass on as the week goes by.  Last time it dumped I was following Daron off 35+' stepdowns and pointer chutes to 10-15' airs!!  I figure my third year snowboarding should include more time surfing the air....right?!!  I'm going to go make some powerbars for the week and a few dinners so I have ample left-overs for the apre-board hunger waves!!  Later!!

2 comments:

  1. dude! Glad to see you living life the way it was meant to be lived. peace brotha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Highly excellent. May the Retired Youth Association shine on as an example to drones everywhere.

    ReplyDelete